Taking care of our clothes is not only a way to make them last longer and take care of our finances, it is also a way to take care of our style and keep our clothes longer. I will mention some tips for you to keep in mind.
- Keep your closet tidy, and be especially careful with humidity.
- Read care labels before washing or ironing.
- Not all clothes can be put in the washing machine. If you do, it is important to do it on a gentle cycle, and avoid draining it. Always wash clothes by color, and with mild soap. Use a mesh bag or cover for delicate items.
- Completely avoid drying clothes in the sun.
- Do not wash for washing, excessive washing tends to damage your clothes faster.
- Never hang fabrics or knitwear, to prevent them from stretching or deforming.
- Jeans, dyed clothes and black clothes, always put a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda on them to preserve their color.
- Wash your underwear and delicates by hand. Do not wring, do not dry in the sun, and always use soap for delicate clothes.
- Hang your shirts with the first button closed, to prevent the neck from being deformed.
- Never use clear on your white garments.
- Apply stain remover or Barsol in necessary areas, (under the armpits for example).